Now that you’ve incorporated them into your hair budget and routine, get the most you can out of them.
Here are some great tips to maximizing your investment.
TOP TIPS TO CARING FOR YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS:
- Don’t shampoo your hair for 48 hours after getting hair extensions.
- Detangle before shampooing.
- Use a special brush— best product- the “Wet Brush”.
- Use shampoo and conditioner for dry hair, color treated hair.
- Avoid 2-in1 hair products. Some hair products contain ingredients that will break down the bonds in hair extensions. Confirm with your stylist that all of the hair products you intend to use are okay.
- Avoid products with wax, alcohol and silicone or sulfur. Avoid cheap shampoos and conditioners.
- Hair should be shampooed and conditioned regularly. The hair extensions do not receive natural scalp oils and need to be conditioned every wash.
- Be very gentle with shampooing. Avoid scrubbing or rubbing the hair
- Do not apply conditioner to the roots or directly on the area of attachment. Conditioner can loosen the bond and cause the extensions to fall out.
- Rinse hair thoroughly— otherwise it will cause buildup.
- Do not rub hair with towel when getting out of the shower. Gently detangle hair using a “Wet Brush”.
- Avoid using any hot appliances, blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons directly at the point of attachment
- Use a spray-on conditioner between shampoos. Gradually wet the hair with mixture of conditioner and water and then blow dry.
- Do not sleep on wet hair. Hair should be dried thoroughly. Loosely put hair in a pony tail or braid when sleeping.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to chlorine. Wear a swim cap if possible. Wash and condition your hair immediately after going swimming. Do not allow chemicals to remain in your hair for any length of time.
- Avoid coloring, tinting, or any other chemical processes at home (have it done in the salon by your hair extension specialist) as it will
weaken the hair.
- Make sure you keep your scalp clean.
- If you tan— cover hair with a towel and limit use to once a week.
- Make a practice of rinsing and conditioning after exercising. Salt from exercising, if allowed to build up, will strip the hair.
- When in doubt – ask your stylist!
Every week on Saturdays a new blog post will contain valuable information pertaining to anti-aging. We will be educating you about the latest in technologically advanced services and products. Spend a few minutes with us on the weekend enjoying your coffee and learning about how “Your DNA is not your destiny”, and how to incorporate anti-aging strategies that really work into your daily routine.
If you can’t wait and have a need – contact Hebe today!
Hebe (858) 205-8054
#hairloss #hebe #antiaging #hair #hairextensions #lowlevellasertherapy #healthyhair #hairgrowth